Welcome to our new world. From 8th November those who are fully vaccinated or have a valid medical exemption will have new freedoms. Meanwhile, those who aren’t vaccinated the opening date has been pushed back to 95%, to give all regional areas time to get covered.
Our AGM was run on 21st September 2021 via Zoom, in line with lockdown requirements. We welcome our new committee:
- President – Kerry Hallett
- Vice President – Toby Thomas
- Treasurer – Roz Bastow
- Secretary – Vacant
- Committee Members – Deb Hescott, Elana Lawrence, Darrin Gray, Councillor
Lesley Morris and Karen Jurd have stepped down. We thank them for their input during their time on our committee. Lesley was a longstanding member of the committee and is now looking at her retired life. We will miss both of them. We do still have 2 vacancies if someone would like to join us – secretary and committee member.
Hunter Region Business Hub is working with Cessnock City Council to deliver a series of workshops throughout the Cessnock and Singleton council areas, to assist our businesses after our many disasters. This is funded through the Bushfire Recovery Fund.
- Disaster Recovery Planning, Managing through crisis, Disaster Proofing, Risk Mitigation for future disasters, building capacity and resilience in the face of disaster.
- Digital – technologies, social media including tools for growing your business, online marketing.
- Grant and tender writing.
There will be a maximum of 15 attendees at each workshop to allow for individual attention.
More details will be issued shortly.