Chamber held their AGM on Tuesday and welcome some new members to our committee. Your committee is:
President: Kerry Hallett, Hunter Region Business Hub
Vice President: Toby Thomas, Thomas & Associates
Treasurer/Secretary: Lesley Morris, Towns With Heart
Committee Members: Deb Hescott – Kurri Kurri TAFE, Karen Jurd – Complete Planning Solutions, Steven Fam – Central Waste Station, and Elana Lawrence – Kurri Kurri Community Centre.
We welcome all our new committee members and look forward to working with them in the coming year.
Sadly, we also said goodbye to Roz Bastow and Shane Meister (Network ICT) who have stepped down to pursue other opportunities.
We are hoping to hold a Christmas function in December which will be our 1st networking event since COVID-19. More to come.
SMALL BUSINESS MONTH
As part of Small Business Month (October), the Kurri Kurri District Business Chamber is introducing a Business Awareness project to:
- Raise awareness of local businesses, particularly those with a retail and services component, located in Kurri Kurri and surrounding areas.
- Encourage local residents to shop locally.
- Promote Kurri Kurri District Business Chamber member businesses.
The project includes an upgrade of the Chamber website and the creation of an online Business Directory of local businesses. To direct potential customers to the online Business Directory, we will also be producing some promotional posters and fridge magnets that we will supply to Chamber members for distribution to their customers and the local community, and implementing some social media promotion. We can also facilitate some support and assistance for Chamber members wanting to improve their business online and/or social media presence.
To ensure that your business details are included in the Chamber’s online Business Directory, can you please complete the form at the link below: https://form.jotform.com/202937571420857
The form will only take a few minutes to complete and it will assist us to include correct and full details of the services that your business offers.
If you have any questions or suggestions about the project, please feel free to contact Lesley by email or phone.
- Government has released their latest grant fund for businesses. This is all about job creation and well worth a look to see if you qualify.
- The Federal Government has extended their Australian Small Business Digital Business Solutions program. This program will not only assist in the existing 4 digital areas of Websites and Online Selling, Social Media Marketing, Cyber Security including data privacy and Small Business Software but was expanded as a result of COVID-19 to include Strategy – business crisis management and business continuity planning, Finance – boosting cashflow, Human Resources – staff management and creating a safe working environment, Customers – retain and staying connected, Resilience and Wellbeing, and Plain Language advice about the various COVID-19 stimulus packages for small business.
You can call The Hub office on 4936 2557 or Advisors directly – Kimberlie 0477 881 799 and Rochelle 0490 891 001.